PARKING LOT CRACK FILLING
Parking Lot Crack Filling
Ohio Paving & Construction is a full-service asphalt repair, paving and construction company that offers parking lot crack sealing services to commercial properties throughout Northeast Ohio. Among municipalities serviced are Streetsboro, Twinsburg, Macedonia, Mentor, Painesville, Willoughby, Willoughby Hills, Willowick, Wickliffe, Euclid, Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights, Chardon, Chagrin Falls, Eastlake, Parma, Lakewood, Beachwood, Cleveland, Hudson, Independence, Strongsville, Middleburgh Heights, Brecksville, Perry, Warrensville Heights, Mayfield, North Ridgeville, Maple Heights, Ashtabula, and many more.
Regular maintenance is the best way to maintain the longevity of your asphalt or concrete parking lot. It is inevitable, especially intense seasonal climates like Northeast Ohio, that cracks in your pavement will develop. Cracks are caused by many factors. These factors include oxidation induced by intense heat through sun exposure, moisture exposure and puddling, as well as subtle ground movement, and water expanding and contracting beneath the surface of the asphalt or concrete- something made worse after asphalt has oxidized due to the elements.
It is important that these are filled quickly and properly to avoid further structural damage from moisture or vegetation growth that may lead to a resurfacing or full-depth repair sooner than necessary.
Ohio Paving and Construction first clears the inside of the crack of debris and dirt. Then, the team fills the crack with a hot-pour coal tar, which form-molds to the shape of the crack and cools to fit seamlessly once cooled. Crack sealing using a hot-pour coal tar will ensure a structurally-sound repair for 4 to 7 years depending on the general state of the asphalt pavement.
A pavement with a prompt crack sealing maintenance regimen is proven to last significantly longer than one without - especially one followed by a thorough double-coat sealcoating application.
Crack Filling Pricing
- 0-1,000 Pounds of Crack Filling: $3.00 Per Pound
- 1,001-3,000 Pounds of Crack Filling: $2.25 Per Pound
- 3,001-5,000 Pounds of Crack Filling: $2.10 Per Pound
- 5,001-10,000 Pounds of Crack Filling: $1.95 Per Pound
- 10,001-25,000 Pounds of Crack Filling: $1.90 Per Pound
It is important to note that while these prices are accurate characterizations of the costs of crack filling, there are additional variable costs which are assessed in a case-by-case basis. Varying costs include:
- The distance of the job site from our crew.
- Some cracks run deeper than is obvious to the naked eye. Additional crack filling is sometimes necessary after the compound has settled to close off the crack from surface exposure.
- The amount of time/effort necessary for cleaning. An asphalt or concrete pavement must be free of vegetation, dirt and debris before our team can affect the surface.
Request a Site Visit or Estimate
If you would like to have an estimator visit your location to take a look at your parking lot or facility to provide you with a quote, please contact us.